The benefits of Shea Butter are endless. You can use it for health, beauty, and of course… on your hair! One of my mom’s friends sells Shea Butter and she has been purchasing it for the last few months. I wanted to stop using my Queen Helen’s Cocoa Butter after I realized it hardly contained any cocoa butter (Ha!) and turned to shea butter as an alternative. I now use it on my face, body and hair.
I did an experiment with it on my flat twistouts this past weekend, and my curls were super defined, shiny, and moisturized… so it has officially become a staple in my “hair products to use while transitioning” stash.
Here are a few more benefits of my new staple…
• Daily skin moisturizer for your face and body
• Treatment for dry skin, eczema, and minor burns
• Reduces blemishes and wrinkles
• Pain relief from swelling and arthritis.
• Can be used as a shaving cream to reduce razor irritation
• Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
• Sunscreen, due to its rich content of Vitamin E and D
• Eliminating scalp irritation from dryness or chemical processing
• Preventing bumps after shaving
• Helps restore elasticity to skin
• Restores luster to hair
I’m sold! Now I just have to call her about finding some bulk shea butter too. If I could just find a tub of it… I’ll be set.